- 21g Easy bake dried yeast
- 17g granulated sugar (add to yeast to proof with yeast)
- 60ml Warm water
- 250ml Warm milk
- 80g Granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 60g melted butter
- 800g Self Raising Flour
- 1 large egg
- 50ml lukewarm water to rinse out yeast mixture bowl
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 50g butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 50g Mature Cheddar Cheese grated
- Dissolve the yeast with the sugar in lukewarm water.
In a microwave, melt the butter.
- Warm up the milk, add the 89g sugar, salt and melted butter. The should be lukewarm.
- Whisk the egg into the yeast mixture and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and add the milk & yeast mixtures. Stir to combine well. Cover the dough and rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer with a dough hook, knead the dough until the gluten is activated. The dough becomes elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and use your hands to shape it into a ball.
- Grease the bowl with butter and place the dough back in. Cover with a tea towel and place in a warm place for the dough to rise until double in size.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface without knocking out the air. Divide it into small balls of equal size. Roll out each ball into an oblong shape and tie each into a knot. Place the knotted dough on a lined tray.
- Cover with a tea towel and let rise until doubled in size.
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the garlic-coriander butter by adding the minced garlic to the melted butter.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, brush the dough with butter mixture generously ensuring that it has enough garlic on the surface.
- Sprinkle the tops with the mature cheddar cheese followed by the coriander.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20minutes until it’s golden brown.
Serve warm and enjoy with a bowl of soup.
Please follow and like us: