I just don’t like food going to waste so I am always looking for ways to use up leftovers before I do my grocery shopping at the end of the week. I woke up today craving all sorts like, bofrot, koose, ofam muffins and generally some good soul food. The minute I looked in my fridge and saw the little bits of vegetables which would go off very soon, I thought aah ha, let’s whip something up. So this recipe came about, mushroom and bacon frittata. Basically you can make frittata with any vegetables you have available.
I really enjoyed it with some leftover Indian curry & basmati rice. It was such a wholesome meal for brunch. For the video illustration please go to my YouTube Channel Mushroom & Bacon Frittata.
- 5 Meduim Eggs
- 1/2 Medium Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Medium Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Small White Onion (peeled & diced)
- Handful Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 Bacon Rashers (baked till crispy)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Pinch AVK Ghanaian 10 Spice Blend (seasoning of choice)
- Salt to taste
- Handful of Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Warm up oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In an oven proof frying pan, heat up the oil and butter.
- Add the onions and saute for about a minute.
- Then add the red and green bell peppers plus a pinch of salt and 10 spice blend and saute for another minute.
- Add in the mushrooms, a pinch of salt and 10 spice blend. Saute till the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Whisk the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and 10 spice blend. Add the eggs to the sauted vegetables.
- Top with the crispy baked bacon and coriander.
- Place the frying pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until your eggs has set.
- Remove and serve as you wish.