One of the reasons why I like chilli sauces is that they’re so handy in the kitchen. I can create delicious meals effortlessly, they’re great condiments for fast foods, add instant heat when preparing other stews and a wonderful marinade for chicken, meat and fish. Today I’m inspiring you with one of my easy baked dinners, which is packed with flavour and the best part is, it’s so easy to make. I used sole fish here but any kind of fish will do. I served my baked fish with mango salsa, lettuce & red onions salad, baked potato wedges and plantains. Another serving idea was with #abolo. This was so delicious! For a video recipe of the chilli sauce Go to my YouTube channel Roasted Bell Pepper Chilli Sauce. For a video illustration for this baked fish meal, go to Roasted Bell Pepper Chilli Sauce Baked Fish.
- Fish of choice ( sole, red fish, tilapia etc)
- Banana leaves (alternatively aluminum foil can be used)
- Pinch of AVK Ghanaian 10 Spice Blend (seasoning of choice)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place fish on banana leaves if using, or alternatively aluminum foil. Ensure it’s big enough to be able to create a seal. I’ll recommend using banana leaves as it adds another dimension of flavour to your baked fish. Banana leaves can be found from most Chinese grocery shops.
- Season fish with a pinch of AVK Ghanaian 10 Spice Blend And salt. You can skip this as your chilli sauce is packed with flavour although I recommend this step for maximum flavour.
- Add a dollop of the roasted bell pepper chilli sauce and rub it into the fish.
- Wrap the banana leaves round the fish or if using aluminum foil, bring the edges together and seal it. You can bake the fish straight away or let it season for some couple of hours. This is a prep stage that can be done to save you time and energy after a long days work. Although it’s no work at all prepping this fish for the oven.
- Bake the fish at 180 – 200 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes or till there’s no pink flesh, depending on your size of fish. The fish should be nice and moist.